Here are some general sources of support:

  • Our myWellbeing app makes looking after your wellbeing fun, interactive and stimulating. Centered around the 'Five Ways to Wellbeing' (Be Active, Connect, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give), myWellbeing provides you with the tools to start building healthy, positive habits into your everyday life. Creating small daily habits in each area can boost your wellbeing and help you to become a happier, healthier you. Take care and download myWellbeing through iOS or Google Play.
  • Togetherall is a digital mental health support service which is available online 24/7, and is completely anonymous so you can express yourself freely and openly. Professionally trained Wall Guides monitor the community to ensure the safety and anonymity of all members. Sign up with your UCA email address at
  • Citizens Advice provides some useful information on the different types of harassment and hate crime people may experience including disability hate crime, racist and religious hate crime, sexual harassment, and sexual orientation and transgender identity hate crime.
  • True Vision offers guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. If you do not wish to talk to anyone in person about the incident or wish to remain anonymous, there is an online form for reporting hate crime. You can report non-crime hate incidents to the police to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness.
  • Disability Equality NW runs the Developing from the Negatives Project (DFN) which aims to raise awareness of Disability Hate Crime and encourage reporting. 
  • Tell MAMA supports victims of anti-Muslim hate and is a public service which also measures and monitors anti-Muslim incidents.
  • Community Security Trust (CS) helps those who are victims of anti-Semitic hatred, harassment or bias.
  • Neighbourhood Policing Teams. The GMP website provides a list of Neighbourhood Policing Teams by each area of Manchester, who you can contact to gather details of your Neighbourhood Policing Team, how to arrange a visit from your Neighbourhood Policing Team and local support agencies. 
  • Victim Support. When you report a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. However, anyone affected by crime can contact them directly so you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened